- Permanent Opportunity
- Starting January 2019
- Great Local Company
Our client that is based in the Sutherland Shire is seeking an experienced Metal Machinist/ Manual Lathe Operator to join their growing team in the New Year 2019. They manufacturer high quality conveyor equipment since 1968 and are well established in their industry. The candidate will be required initially to have the skills and experience to independently undertake the set-up and operation of a manual lathe for the supply of metal turning. Also will be required in the build of Industrial Pulleys and Rollers used in the bulk materials handling industry.
Have a full and confident understanding of reading engineering drawings and the ability to independently set up the machine and required cutting tooling to undertake all the required machining operations.
Pre machining of independent part required to construct the pulley - ( end plates, drum and shafts). Then finish machine the completed unit to all required drawing features after it has been assembled and welded by our fabricators.
- Being a Pulley there is normally a pair of roller bearing journals that will be required to be fitted to the main shaft which normally require the machinist to produce the journals to the accurate bearing tolerance required.
- You will report directly to the production supervisor who will schedule and coordinate your daily work load.
- Trade Qualifications in this area of expertise.
- Ability to work in a team enviroment but also work independently.
- Proven work history
- Must be able to do overtime and the occasional Saturday when required.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Good time management skills.
- Must have pride in their work as they have a high standard.
The successful candidate must be a committed person interested in taking on a full time position that can develop with the company and utilise their mechanical aptitude to support other company operations after undertaking the appropriate training.
Salary $60k+ Super
Hours: Monday-Thursday 7.15am-3.30pm Friday 7.15am-2.45pm
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a great team apply today.
Category: Industrial/Manufacturing/Transport - Tradesman